It is fresh local grown strawberry season here. I got this recipe a few years ago from my friend Susi and we have enjoyed it ever since! Try putting it on BBQ burger, or alongside grilled chicken and steak; it is delicious! You can leave everything coarse like the above image, or finely chop like the picture below to serve as a tasty salsa with tortilla chips. It is good either way.
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced and seeded
- 1/2 each of a yellow and orange or red pepper (I used a green pepper too), sliced into thin strips or finely diced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- add pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups of sliced or diced strawberries
- cilantro or parsley optional
Combine all the ingredients and serve as a salad or salsa.