- 1-1/2 cups walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut in smaller pieces
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk, whole or 2%
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- Blend first four ingredients in food processor until nuts are coarsely chopped.
- Add butter; using pulse to blend until coarse crumbs form.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 13x9x2 baking pan by greasing and dusting with flour, shaking off excess.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and soda in medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer beat butter in large bowl till fluffy.
- Gradually add both sugars and beat until blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time incorporating after each egg.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla.
- Blend sour cream and milk in small bowl.
- Beat in this mixture alternating with dry ingredients in 3 additions each.
- Spread half of the cake batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half the topping over the batter.
- Cover this mixture with the blueberries evenly.
- Spread remaining batter over this layer.
- Sprinkle with the other half of the topping.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.
- Yield: 12 servings