This has become a favorite pre-dinner salad over here recently. Oranges are at their finest at this time of the year. When paired with chopped dates, pomegranate seeds, red onions, feta cheese, almonds and salad greens they make the best salad! The orange vinaigrette dressing adds the perfect touch.
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup slivered pitted dates
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place mixed greens in large bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat leaves.
- Line serving platter (or individual salad dishes) with mixed greens.
- Arrange orange slices and onion on top of greens.
- Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, dates, almonds and feta cheese.
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk until smooth or process with hand-held blender. Can be made in advance and kept in a jar in the fridge. Shake before using.
*You will use less than 1/2 the dressing. It keeps well in the fridge for a week or two.