Broccolini may quickly become one of your favorite hot vegetables. What I like is that it's quick and easy to prepare without any trimming or cutting. It has a slightly sweeter, more delicate taste than regular broccoli and pairs up very nicely with this mustard sauce.
- 170-200 g ( 8 oz) broccolini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire's sauce
- dash of Cayenne or chili powder
- In medium pot, bring broccolini to boil in half an inch of salted water. Cook until just tender. About 3-5 minutes.
- In saucepan, melt butter, whisk in the flour, then the milk, mustard, Worcestershire, and spice.
- Cook, stirring, until it bubbles. Can be made ahead and reheated. Serve over hot vegetables.
- Serves 3-4