Here's a salad I put together quickly with what I had in the fridge.
You can use a bottled coleslaw dressing or your favourite homemade coleslaw dressing.
- 2 cups raw broccoli chopped
- 1 large apple cored and chopped (I leave the peel on for added colour and the nutrition)
- 1/2 red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 toasted pine nuts or almonds (not pictured)
- 1/4-1/2 cup coleslaw dressing - bottled or homemade. (a poppyseed dressing might be a nice option)
- Combine all salad ingredients in serving bowl.
- Add dressing and toss.
- Refrigerate until serving.