These are for all you peanut butter lovin' people. But, for those of us who have a nut allergy we can still enjoy these cookies by changing up the peanut butter with WOW BUTTER which is a toasted soy spread. It really does bake up exactly the same as when using the real thing, and they taste like the real thing too.
Yields 3 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter OR 1 cup WOW butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup white flour
- Cream together first 5 ingredients until well blended.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and place onto baking sheets. Flatten with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake in 350º oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to sit on pans for 1 minute and then remove to cooling rack. (these freeze well)