Baked drumsticks are a simple and economical supper meal.
- 12 drumsticks
- dry basil
- 1 cup cream
- Place drumsticks in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and dry basil, making sure to sprinkle on all sides.
- Bake in 350º oven for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Heat cream slightly and pour over meat.
- Continue to roast another 45 minutes. Cover if meat is getting to dark.
Serving suggestion: I like to make rice with these drumsticks. After the meat is baked, remove from the pan and add your cooked rice to the drippings with the cream, letting the juices infuse the rice with the basil flavoured drippings.