Serve them as appies...or as the main event. Any which way, they'll be a hit!
- 3–4 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef, cooked
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix plus water (according to directions)
- 1/2 cup refried beans (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper or 1/4 cup corn
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Optional Toppings: sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay each tortilla out on a flat surface, and using a large cookie cutter or empty can, cut 3-4 circles (close to 4") out of each tortilla.
- Press each circle into muffin tin.
- Cook and drain hamburger meat.
- Add taco seasoning and water and continue to cook for several minutes (as indicated on package).
- Add salsa and re-fried beans and stir to combine well. Heat through; then remove from heat.
- Scoop meat mixture into muffin cups, dividing evenly among twelve.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let pizzas cool in tin for 5 minutes.
- Remove pizzas from muffin tin using a fork or knife.
- Serve with sliced black olives, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce , as desired!