My husband enjoys fishing and each year goes up to the Queen Charlottes (Haida Gwaii) on thewest coast of Vancouver Island to fish for salmon.
For Flashback Friday I thought I'd repost the first recipe I posted to the Mennonite Girls Can Cook Blog. It's still a favourite recipe with our family and friends.
This time, I forgot to add the pistachio nuts but it was just as good.
*The amount of maple syrup and mustard will depend on how big your piece of salmon is. Just remember to use equal amounts of each.
- Lay salmon skin side down on a pan covered in heavy foil and lightly sprayed with oil.
- Mix maple syrup and mustard together in a bowl.
- Spread about half over the salmon before baking. (Baste halfway through with the remaining mixture)
- Sprinkle with pistachios (if desired) and bake in oven at 350 F or on grill until fish is done. It should flake easily with a fork but not be too dry. (Depending on the thickness of the fish, this will take about 20 minutes.)
- Lift the salmon off of the skin and place on serving plate.
A happy man with his catch!