Tangy lemon and sweet blueberries are always a great combination. This recipe bakes into one large loaf, or you can bake it in a 9"round or square pan, or bakes into 12 large muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 1 cup plain full fat plain yogurt OR sour cream, (or a mixture of the two)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Stir together first 4 dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla, lemon rind, yogurt (OR sour cream) and oil.
- Add dry mixture and mix just until dry ingredients are well incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into well greased and floured loaf pan, Bake in 350º oven for 50-55 minutes. (adjust time accordingly if using alternate pan sizes)
- Once baked allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat together until sugar is dissolved.
- Poke warm lemon loaf with small fork and brush lemon syrup over loaf. Allow to cool completely.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Stir together and drizzle over cooled loaf. Allow to set.