It is a good thing to remind ourselves how the expression of our appreciation toward someone is such an encouraging thing.
You - our readers - often make our day with your comments and kind words. Without you our blog would have no purpose!
One of you made my day recently,
June, who has to eat gluten-free, decided to mix up my Julie's Flour Blend and has enjoyed using it.
She took the time to send me an e-mail and shared one of her successes with me. In response to my request, she kindly gave her consent for me to post her recipe and photo for others to enjoy!
So thank you, June for your Yorkshire Puddings recipe and your willingness to share it with us!
Saturday in the kitchen when I was growing up was always with Sunday dinner and company in mind. Someone I was reminiscing with about our childhood Saturdays said how roast beef was always served at her house every Sunday dinner, and of course Yorkshire Puddings are perfect with roast beef.
Here is June's recipe -- I have tried/tested it and found it to be five star !
Yorkshire Puddings (gluten-free)
- Three large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup Julie's flour blend (no need to sift)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Put all these ingredients in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Do not overbeat because they will not rise as high.
- Heavily butter six muffin cups or custard cups and divide batter between them.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 60 minutes until puffed and very well browned. Don't open the oven to peek!
- Spoon on some gravy and enjoy! Mine rose to 4 inches high!