- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (substitute milk chocolate)
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts or you can substitute almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Cream butter with eggs and sugar
- Add the salt, and baking soda. Mix well
- Add oatmeal, chips and nuts. Stir well.
- Add remaining flour.
- Scoop cookies on pan. ( I use a small ice-cream scoop)
- Do not flatten them.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven, let the pan drop (6 inches) on the counter top or a flat surface. This is called the slapping method, which allows them to flatten naturally.
Get those little guys to help you. (Photo: 2008)
Give them assistance with a motor and you'll be surprised about productivity.
There you are, a fresh platter of cookies with coffee or milk.