Over Christmas we were served this simple Egg dish at a brunch and it tasted delicious.
If you like a bit of extra zip, add another slice of jalapeno... or two.
- 1 egg per ramekin
- crumbled crisp fried bacon
- shredded mexican cheese blend
- sliced jalapeno pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray ramekins with cooking spray and sprinkle a bit of bacon in each one.
- Break an egg into each ramekin, and drizzle with a spoon of cream. Top with a bit of shredded cheese.
- Put a slice or two of jalapeno right on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Place ramekins in a baking dish and pour boiling water into the baking dish to help evenly cook the eggs.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes for runny yolks, 15 - 18 for soft yolks, 20 minutes for hard yolks.
- Serve with a few slices of toasted baguette to get the last bit of yolk goodness out of the dish.