This salad is the perfect combination of the fresh flavours and textures of late summer.
I've brought it twice to potlucks and it proved to be a hit.
There's nothing fussy about making it which only involves stacking the ingredients in a clear glass bowl to showcase the colours.
- chopped English cucumbers - I used the mini cukes which tend to be sweeter. I quartered them lengthwise, then chopped them into 3/4" pieces. You'll need enough to cover the bottom of the bowl.
- fresh blueberries - enough to cover the cucumbers
- 1- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint sprinkled sparingly over the blueberries
- cubed feta cheese cut into 1/2" cubes (250 ml container, drained)
- Watermelon cut into 3/4" cubes - use at least 2-3 cups
- Balsamic reduction (optional) It can be found in the vinegar section of the grocery store,
- Find your prettiest glass bowl. My bowl held about 8-10 cups
- Layer ingredients in the order they are listed in. Use the mint sparingly as it can take over!
- To garnish the salad, sprinkle more chopped cucumber, and blueberries around the edge of the bowl and place a sprig of fresh mint in the center.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
- If desired, pass the balsamic reduction to drizzle over the salad as a dressing.