I love peach jam and I love marmalade.
So I often add a touch of orange to my peach jam.
It adds a bit of zest to the jam and is delicious on toast or fresh buns.
Try adding a slice of Havarti cheese on top. Yum!
I used the peach jam recipe included in the package of low-sugar Certo (powdered pectin).
To that recipe, add orange peel prepared in the following way.
- Prepare the orange peel:
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips of peel from one large orange.
- Using the edge of a spoon or paring knife, scrape away the white part from the strips of peel.
- Place peel in a small saucepan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1/8 teaspoon baking soda.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain peel, cool slightly and finely chop.
- Add peel to prepared peaches and make the jam as per package instructions.
- Pour jam into clean, sterilized jars, top with a hot lid and seal.
- Jars should "snap" and then they can be stored in a cool dry place for the winter.