Who knew 'frying' bacon could be this simple? I used to dread cooking bacon...simply because I disliked the mess left behind. Some time ago...I learned that there was a mess-less method of baking bacon in the oven. We now have bacon often...cooked to perfection without any mess. Just in case you have not yet discovered it...I'll share the method with you today. Try it. The bacon lovers in your family will thank you!
- 1 pound bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil or parchment paper (for easy clean-up).
- Lay the bacon slices on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place the sheets in the oven for 17 - 20 minutes. (If you are not using a convection oven...rotate the baking sheets after about 10 minutes.) Cook to desired crispness.
- Remove from oven and use tongs to transfer bacon slices to a paper lined platter to drain.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Bacon isn't just the perfect partner for eggs. Who knew that it paired so nicely with maple frosting on top of a doughnut? Or that it could be added to the platter of dippers at a chocolate fondue. Have you got a bacon story for us today? We'd love to hear it!