A simple mix of fresh veggies, feta and olives tossed together with a simple dressing. A great salad to bring to a pot luck or served along side greek chicken and roasted potatoes.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta, optional
- Place all ingredients into a jar. Shake vigorously. Place in refrigerator for at least an hour to let the flavours meld.
Salad: (makes approx. 4-5 cups)
- 1 long English cucumber
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 green pepper (or use yellow)
- Kalamata olives, optional
- I like to use long English cucumbers in this salad. Wash well and leave the peel on. It's healthy and I like the look of the dark green. There is no need to seed the cucumber. If you use a regular cucumber, taste the peel first to make sure it's not bitter. If it is, peel it. If not it's up to you. You may also need to seed the cucumber. Cut cucumber into 4 long lengths and then dice into bite size pieces. I like to try and keep all vegetables cut up the same size.
- Cut tomatoes into equal size pieces, removing any seeds.
- Cut red onion into rings or chunks.
- Cut green pepper into chunks.
- Mix together cut up vegetables. Add feta and olives...enough for your liking. Mix in.
- Give dressing another good shake and pour over salad. Toss and serve.