The older I get I find that I like to try new foods and enjoy new flavour combinations. Not long ago we made this pulled pork (left over) and goat cheese pizza. The goat cheese can be substituted for a soft milder cheese. I placed soft pieces of Laughing Cow cheese on part of it for those who have not acquired a taste for the goat cheese.
- one 10-12 inch unbaked thin crust pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup pulled pork (this is a great way to use up a small amount of left over pulled pork)
- goat cheese, to taste (if you don't like goat cheese, Laughing cow soft cheese is a nice substitute)
- red onions, about 3 very thin slices, separated
- Place pizza stone in cold oven and turn oven to 425º and allow stone and oven to heat for 15 minutes.
- Get toppings ready. You have to add toppings quickly so stone does not cool off.
- Once stone is very hot quickly sprinkle with cornmeal. Place thin pizza crust onto stone, spread crust with a mixture of the BBQ sauce and tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Top with pulled pork.
- Top with thin slices of goat cheese. (I just place it randomly on top, not over doing it)
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until crust is baked through and slightly crunchy.