The impetus for the creation of this gf muffin recipe was Lovella's Meyer Lemon and Fig Muffins.
I am very happy with this muffin recipe - they are light with great flavour and texture.
Butter them if you wish but I love to savour their flavour all on its own!
- 4 petite oranges or 1 small orange (whole)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Featherlite White Rice Flour Mix
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup white corn flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 2 tbsp white bean flour
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- ( OR instead of my flours use 1 3/4 - 2 cups gf flour mix of your choice- do not add extra xanthan gum if using only a commercial mix, xanthan gum will be included)
- Place whole oranges (yes, unpeeled), raisins, buttermilk and eggs in blender and run blender until oranges and raisins are very finely chopped.
- Add vanilla , sugar and melted butter and blend until smooth.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and pour liquids into centre of dry ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Divide batter evenly into 18 paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes !
- Enjoy warm or cold... or freeze to enjoy another day!