This bread was an experiment because I only had one ripe banana. I decided to try my banana bread recipe using applesauce in place of 2 of the bananas. I'm happy to say it worked.
- 2-1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 small ripe banana, cut up
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
1. In medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Chop walnuts in a blender and add to the dry ingredients.
3. In same blender container add the sugar, butter, egg, banana, applesauce, and milk.
4. Blend for 12 - 15 seconds, stopping motor to push down banana if necessary.
5. Pour the blended ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well moistened.
6. Pour batter into greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 - 60 minutes. Cool on rack.