What you need:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups very finely chopped good quality semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or any other flavor
- Bring whipping cream just to boiling point in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat immediately.
- Add chopped chocolate and vanilla.
- Stir till mixture is completely smooth. Pour in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Scoop out heaping teaspoons of the firmed up chocolate and quickly roll into balls. I scooped 3 or 4 at a time, rolled them in balls and then in the coating. You will want to wash your hands often as this part is a bit messy.
- Roll balls in finely chopped toasted pecans, coconut or dip them in chocolate. Other options are rolling them in cookie sprinkles or rice krispies.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge.
Yields: 25 homemade truffles