We have been enjoying this basted barbecued Salmon since we've been married. This was my mom-by-loves recipe and it is a winner. Every time fresh salmon made it to the house. .the salmon was put on the barbecue and it seemed impossible to know when to stop eating.
This fall. .the salmon run in British Columbia was like no other and we once again had reason to pull our our fish rack for the barbecue. This salmon is rich but when paired with simple rice . . coleslaw and a beautiful side of broccoli. . it makes an impressive meal to serve guests.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice. .or about the juice from 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 teaspoon worchestire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fillet your salmon. .but leave on the skin.
- Let it soak in cold salted ( about a tablespoon) water for half an hour.
- Combine the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat the grill, put the salmon in a barbecuing rack. Do not use foil. Foil might be an easier clean up but the flavour can not be duplicated. .it will just steam.
- Baste both sides as you flip the salmon during the cooking time. The salmon is done once it flakes in the thickest part.