They were unusual and so tasty that I asked for the recipe.
I noticed after making them that the recipe said to chop and cook the spinach which I didn't do. I just squeezed all the liquid out and added it. My bites don't look as nice as hers did but the flavour is terrific.
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, chopped, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups turkey bread stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion (I sautèed it with the garlic in a little butter first)
- 1 clove garlic minced or 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (add 1/2 tsp. salt if using fresh garlic)
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Mix all ingredients together. Let stand for moinsture to absorb. Add more crumbs if needed.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Arrange on greased or parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º F oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
You may make these ahead and store them in fridge or freezer before baking. (Thaw before baking) Makes about 2 1/2 doz. Spinach Bites.