- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (300 g) pkg chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (225 g) SKOR toffee bits
- 1 1/3 cups caramel sundae sauce
- ½ cup flour
- Crust: Combine first four ingredients in mixing bowl. Add melted butter. Mix well. Reserve 1 ¼ cups of the mixture for topping. Press remainder into greased or parchment paper lined, 9 x 13” cake pan. Bake at 350 F for 12 min. or until light golden.
- Second Layer: Combine baking chips, almonds and toffee bits. Sprinkle evenly over base.
- Third Layer: Mix together sundae sauce and flour until smooth. Pour evenly over chip mixture.
- Topping: Sprinkle reserved oat mixture on top.
- Return to oven and bake 20 – 25 minutes longer, or until golden. Cool completely. Cut into 48 squares.(You will need a sharp knife – I find this the most tedious of the whole procedure, but then they are ready to quickly add to cookie platters.) These squares freeze well and keep long in the fridge as well … that is, if no one finds them.