"You are never asked to do
more than you are able,
without being given the strength
and ability to do it"
When I was growing up, my mother always made "skinny pancakes" that was typical in our German culture. I was married with children before I ever made "fluffy pancakes" or what is known as Buttermilk Pancakes.
This recipe comes from my friend Caroline and I have enjoyed making them ever since.
Hey it is Saturday morning, why not whip up a batch and bless your family with a Pancake Breakfast.......lets get cooking.
- -2 cups flour
- -1 tsp. baking soda
- -3 tbsp. sugar
- -3/4 tsp. salt
- -2 eggs
- -2 cups milk
- -1/4 cup vinegar
- -1/4 cup of melted butter
- Combine the dry.
- Add vinegar to milk and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the melted butter and milk and eggs to the dry ingredients.
- Mix gently, the batter should still be lumpy.
- Let the batter sit for about another 10 minutes or so, until you see tiny bubbles forming on the top of the batter.
- You may add blueberries or chocolate chips, be creative and add what ever you fancy.
- Add a little oil to pan and pour in a 1/4 cup of batter. Bake on one side till tiny bubbles form, flip for one more minute.
- Serve with syrup and fresh fruit.
get the kids to do the dishes....grin