Here's a simple summer full-meal salad that we have enjoyed often over the past few years. Basil and tomatoes give that wonderful flavour of summer; add pepperoni, mozza, a cubed baguette and fresh Parmesan cheese, toss together with lettuce and dressing...and call it a meal.
Bella Bruschetta Salad
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce...or mixed baby lettuce
- 8 roma tomatoes or 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups cubed baguette or French bread stick
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni stick
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Kraft Sundried Tomato & Oregano Dressing
- Toss together dressing, chopped tomatoes, basil.
- Toss lettuce, cubed baguette, pepperoni, mozzarella, and tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
As many of you may be aware...we are a group of ten ladies...that contribute recipes to the Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog. When we started this blog...just over one year ago...most of us did not know each other. It has been a fun adventure...cooking together in our virtual kitchen...and getting to know one another along the way. Yesterday, the seven of us that happen to live in the same vicinity, were treated to a most special luncheon at the home of Anneliese. She was a most gracious hostess...looking after every little detail and including 'place cards' for the three gals who were not able to join us. There was much to talk about, including our dreams that this blog be used in some way to feed the less fortunate. (We are still working on that one!) We had a wonderful time and when we left the lunch table...it was nearly time for dinner. Thanks, Anneliese, for a great afternoon!