This is my favourite way to do pork chops.
With pasta or rice and vegetables it was the perfect meal for a cold November night.
- 6 loin pork chops (or 1 pork tenderloin cut into medallions)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 beef boullion cube
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- sliced fresh mushrooms if desired
- In large skillet or electric fry pan, brown pork chops or medallions.
- Add 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, garlic, bouillon cube and mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until tender - this will depend on the thickness of the pork pieces. If needed, add a little more water.
- Remove meat to serving platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine flour with 1/4 cup cold water until smooth. Slowly add to liquid in pan, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in sour cream, whisking it in until well blended. Heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Serve sauce over chops.