I have a book recommendation for you. If you love to bake bread but don't enjoy the kneading process, but do have patience, this cookbook appears to have many wonderful recipes.
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Herztberg and Zoe Francois. Check out the link to find out more about them and their discovery of no Knead Bread.No Knead Cinnamon Buns
- 1 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large farm fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 7 cups all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, water, honey, melted butter, yeast and salt.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour and stir well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 4 days. Letting it sit in the refrigerator is apparently what gives the dough such a great flavour.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and cream together your filling ingredients.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple flavouring
- Cream this together well. Roll the dough out. . .I did quite thick, spread the filling on and roll up and slice with a serrated knife.
- Now, I put half of them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put them in the freezer, where I let them freeze and then put them in a ziploc bag. The next day, I took them out at noon and let them thaw at room temperature and then baked them. It took 3 hours from freezer to icing them.
- If you don't want to freeze any let the buns rise about an hour or until nice and puffy. Preheat your oven to 375. Bake until golden brown.
- I made an icing of Icing sugar, heavy cream and again maple flavouring.