I wasn't home from vacation for an hour before I starting mixing muffins. After being on the road for some time...we were quite ready for something hot and fresh from the oven. I got this recipe from a gal at church a few decades ago...and we always enjoy them.
Pineapple Banana Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 1/4 cups crushed un-drained pineapple (1 tin)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts or raisins
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Add bananas, pineapple and oil and beat until blended.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in raisins or nuts (we prefer golden raisins).
- Spoon into large greased muffin cups filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 F (180 C) oven for 20 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
Yield...2 dozen large muffins.