- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped leeks
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- salt to taste
- 2 flatbreads (14.1 ounces)
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- For topping: freshly chopped arugula, pomegranate arils, and honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cranberries, maple syrup, leeks, thyme and salt in an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Roast, stirring every so often, until the mixture begins to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir until cranberries are broken down and the mixture is thick.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Divide the cranberry mixture and spread evenly over the flatbreads.
- Top each with goat cheese and pecans.
- Bake directly on oven rack for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is warmed and the flatbread is crispy.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish each with freshly chopped arugula, pomegranate arils and a drizzle of honey.
- Cut into small wedges or strips and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
I used the Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads for this recipe. They come 2 in a package.