Brussels sprouts, cranberries and pecans combine to make a tasty and colourful side-dish for the holiday feast. Add a drizzle of balsamic reduction to kick it up a notch.
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction to drizzle over, optional *
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare rimmed baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Toast pecan halves in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden; set aside.
- Trim brussels sprouts and cut in half.
- In a medium bowl, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes (until tender inside), stirring about halfway through cooking.
- Transfer roasted brussels sprouts to serving platter; sprinkle with cranberries and pecan halves.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately