This smooth and creamy peppermint bark cheesecake is easy to put together if you purchase ready-made peppermint bark. The peppermint bark that Costco sells is perfect for this recipe. If you make your own, go ahead and use it instead.
- 10 ounces / 250 grams or about a 9X9 inch piece of peppermint bark that is made of white chocolate, dark chocolate, peppermint extract and crushed candy canes
- 2 1/2 cups oreo baking crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to extend outside the pan. This will make the transfer from the pan to the plate easier. Spray the pan including the sides with cooking spray. Double wrap the entire pan in heavy foil.
- Combine the crumbs and melted butter and press crumbs onto the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- 4 250 gram/8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces prepared peppermint bark (leave enough for garnishing the top of the cheesecake)
- 2 cups heavy cream whipped and sweetened with a few tablespoons sugar and a teaspoon vanilla
- broken pieces of peppermint bark
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place a large roasting pan on the middle rack and add hot water and allow it to continue to heat while you prepare the batter.
- In the large bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour, salt, vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Add the sour cream and then the eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined. Beating the batter hard at this point will cause your cake to rise too much and crack.
- Stir in peppermint bark and pour the batter into the prepared crust.
- Place pan in the prepared roaster with the water which by now should be steaming.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 F and bake until the center of the cake is set but still jiggly. The top of the cake will have lost its glossy appearance. Baking time will be about an hour and 20 minutes to an hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the roaster and set it on a cooling rack.
- Gently run a knife around the edge to loosen from the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before refrigerating. Once the cheesecake has chilled completely, transfer to a serving plate.
- Top the cheesecake with 2 cups of heavy cream that has been whipped and sweetened.
- Garnish with additional peppermint bark.