Pan fried potatoes with fried eggs were a go-to for a quick dinner (fast food) when I was growing up. Maybe that is why, when I saw a version of fried sweet potatoes with eggs, I knew I'd have to try it. Whether you call these yams or sweet potatoes depends on where you live.
- 2 - 3 yams, peeled and cubed small (1 - 1 1/2 cups per person)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 6 cups baby kale or spinach
- 3 - 5 eggs ( 1 - 2 per person)
- In cast-iron or Pyrex pan, mix cubed yams with olive oil and season. Roast at 400 F for about 20 minutes, until soft.
- In the meantime, blanch kale or spinach just to soften.
- When potatoes are done, stir in the kale or spinach, form little nests and top with eggs.
- Return to oven for about 10 - 12 minutes until egg whites are done. I like to cover with foil or lid for the last few minutes. We prefer soft eggs for an easy hash mix. Bake longer if you like them more done. Season with salt and pepper and serve. Above recipe serves 2 - 4