These little lemon tarts are perfect for a tea tray. The easy filling is baked right into the tart shell and they freeze beautifully.
You can buy little unbaked tart shells or you can use your own pastry. There are several different options for pastry here. I baked these little tarts in mini muffin pans. The perfect size cookie cutter for the pastry is 3 1/16 in / 78 mm.
- 24 unbaked tart shells
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. F
- Place all the filling ingredients into a blender jar. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Divide the filling between the unbaked tart shells.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crust has browned around the edges and the filling has set.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package whipping cream stabilizer or 1 tablespoon vanilla instant pudding
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (omit if using pudding powder)
- Whip cream together with stabilizer until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the whipped cream onto each tart. Garnish with a bit of lemon zest.
- Serve chilled.