The last time I featured a pasta recipe, I was contacted by a representative of Barilla pasta to see if I would be interested in receiving a few boxes of their pasta 'to help with my upcoming cooking endeavours'. But of course! Last week a pasta delivery arrived on my doorstep. So today I am sharing my first 'endeavour' with the Barilla pasta. It's a quick and easy pasta dish using ready made soup from the grocery store deli. It has many possibilities...but we rather liked this one!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. / 500 g pasta (rigatoni, bow-tie or penne), cooked according to package directions
- 2 1/2 cups / 625 ml Tuscan Tomato Basil Soup*
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; cook, stirring constantly, until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, pasta, soup, spinach and red pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese begins to brown.