My sister Vera was born on Leap Year Day and since it's Leap Year Day I'm posting something sweet to enjoy for a celebration. This is a make ahead dessert that will finish off any meal well. It's rich and creamy with a nice crunch. Quick and easy to prepare but it needs a good three hours to set well before serving.
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 lightly baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup Butter Pecan Ice Cream, softened
- 1 package (6-serving) instant pudding-vanilla flavor
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and nuts in saucepan and heat until the butter is melted.
- Pour this mixture into the lightly baked pie shell and bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes, cool.
- Blend milk and ice cream in a medium sized bowl thoroughly.
- Add the pudding mix to the blended ice cream and milk.
- Beat slowly at lowest speed of electric mixer until blended for one minute.
- Pour immediately into prepared and cooled pie shell.
- Chill in refrigerator until set, approx. 3 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional nuts, if desired.
- Serves 4-8 depending on appetite or sweet tooth.