This is a dressing recipe I got from my sister Rhoda, and I get great comments and requests for the recipe. It's a simple combination of purchased dressing and a few pantry and fridge ingredients. Dressing will keep well in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- 1/2 cup Kraft Fig and Balsamic dressing (or any brand fig and balsamic dressing)
- 3 tbsp grape seed OR avocado oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry basil
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar and shake well. Refrigerate for several hours to allow flavours to blend.
- Make salad and drizzle dressing over just before serving.
Salad mix that I like to use when serving the above dressing.
- baby spinach
- finely diced red onion
- fresh oranges, peeled and sectioned
- sliced fresh strawberries
- crumbled feta
- candied pecans (optional)