Today is my Grandson, Kyle's 11th birthday.
When I asked him what his favourite food is he said "BACON".
Somehow I wasn't surprised.
Here's his favourite bacon choice right now.
I didn't get a recipe per se so I followed the instructions his mom gave me and although they were not as neat as I'd like them to be, they baked up nicely.
I think they would also make good appetizers if I cut the chicken into smaller pieces and renamed them Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bundles
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut each slice in half
- maple syrup
- cracked pepper
- If chicken breasts are quite thick, place each between pieces of plastic wrap and pound lightly until of even thickness.
- Cut each breast lengthwise into 3 or 4 strips.
- Lay a piece of bacon on a plate and place a strip of chicken on top.
- Roll up (like a cinnamon roll) and secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place on a parchment paper or foil lined baking sheet.
- Place a little maple syrup in a cup and baste each chicken bundle.
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Baste with maple syrup again.
- Bake until chicken is done, basting frequently.