As the holidays approach and we do more entertaining,
here's a simple, colourful and delicious way to dress up green beans.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Saute' sliced onions and peppers until tender and caramelized. Set aside.
- Prepare green beans and cook until crisp tender. (I sometimes steam the beans ahead of time, shock them in ice water and then reheat them just before serving.)
- Add green beans to vegetables in frying pan and toss over medium heat until hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.