- Are you looking for a fun yet simple appetizer idea for the holiday season? I have a cheese tray that doesn't take long to put together...and will be the perfect addition to your festive buffet.
On Wednesday night we hosted a cooking class featuring Old Fashioned Christmas Cookies at Lepp Farm Market. The guests enjoyed hot apple cider and appetizers while the cookie demonstrations took place. We prepared a Christmas Tree Cheese Platter for them...using cheeses that the market deli had chosen and cubed for us in advance. But one could substitute any cheese. A small cheese ball also works well as a tree-topper. Add the best crackers...and enjoy your party-worthy cheese platter!
- 1/2 lb / 200 g Cheddar Cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb / 200 g Smoked Gouda Cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb / 200 g Monterey Jack Cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb / 200 g 200 g Swiss Cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb (450 g) each seedless green and red grapes
- 1 pkg (40 g) fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 yellow pepper (use star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out tree-topper)
Christmas Tree Cheese Platter
from the kitchen of Judy ~ My Front Porch