What better way to 'slow down' and enjoy the season than with a cup of coffee and a chocolate cookie, or three or four ... no one is counting!
We did a Cookie class this week at Lepp's Farm Market and for that class I developed a chocolate cookie that I am really happy with ! Gluten free cookies tend to be crispy but this cookie is wonderfully 'chewy' with an excellent flavour!
It is a cookie that is quick, easy and a one pot clean-up!
Here is the recipe !!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 lg egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour + 1 tbsp .. -- flour is equal amounts of white bean flour, millet flour, brown rice flour and potato starch. (tip -- if you mix together 1/2 cup of each of the flours - then you can use it as a gf flour mix)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- more chocolate chips if desired
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over med. heat, stirring continuously. Be careful not to over heat .. heat just until mixture is perfectly smooth and glossy.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, stirring quickly.
- In a cup whisk the egg, milk and vanilla and add to the mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour , mixing until blended.
- Add the chopped walnuts and if desired more chocolate chips (I find the cookie is chocolatey enough without adding more - for my grand girls who don't like nuts, I leave them out and add more chocolate chips- 1/2 - 1 cup)
- Drop by teaspoon onto a parchment covered light-coloured cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Wash pot and you are done!