This easy steak dinner may very well be what you'd order at a good steakhouse, but enjoyed in the comfort of your home with very little preparation. The best guarantee for a very tender steak is a tenderloin, priced accordingly, but well worth it when you consider the price of a dinner out.
Ingredients for a dinner for two:
- 2 medium baking potatoes or yams
- olive oil for brushing
- 2 tenderloin steaks
- 4 - 6 slices ready-cooked bacon
- spinach caesar salad
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp Montreal steak or chicken spice
- About 75 minutes before dinner, mix up the marinade and pour under and over steaks. Let sit at room temp. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Brush potatoes/yams with olive oil. Prick with fork and place on parchment paper lined oven safe plate to bake for one hour.
- About 20 - 25 minutes before dinner: wrap steaks with bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Pre-heat cast iron or heavy frying pan. Spray pan with a light coat of cooking spray and cook steaks one to two mintues on each side until browned. One option: when turning steaks over to do second side, place on top of extra bacon pieces.
- Turn oven down to 375 F and place steaks in ovenproof pan alongside potatoes. Bake 12 - 15 minutes for medium to medium well doneness. Let rest a few minutes before serving.
- Toss salad and enjoy dinner!