Here's a simple idea for a quick supper.
We love prawns and when I come to the end of the work day and have no ideas for supper,
I often turn to a bag of frozen prawns. I throw the frozen prawns into a bowl of cold water and by the time I have a salad made, they are thawed and ready to thread on skewers with vegetables such as mushrooms and peppers. For this recipe look for the largest raw prawns your supermarket carries.
If you are fortunate enough to live near a fresh fish market, I'm sure the fresh prawns would be fabulous!
- raw prawns 2 or 3 per skewer
- red pepper pieces 2 or 3 per skewer
- large, whole mushrooms 2 or 3 per skewer
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine or apple juice
- salt to taste
- Melt coconut oil and butter in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small pot on the stove.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Thread prawns and veggies on to skewers.
- Grill at medium high heat, brushing often with the butter mixture.
- Prawns are done when they turn pink.