- 1 white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- small package of instant vanilla pudding
- Beat all the ingredients together, mixing well.
- Pour into a well greased 12"x 18" cookie sheet pan with 1" sides.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Cool, add following topping.
This step is completely optional, and I only do it if I feel like it to achieve a higher cake. At times I beat the egg yolks into the cake mix and beat the egg whites separately until they are a nice soft peak and fold the egg whites into the cake batter after all the other ingredients have been added, but you certainly don't have to. It is good either way!
- 1/2 cup of softened butter or hard margarine
- 1- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
- 1-14 oz / 398ml. of crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups of whipping cream, whipped until stiff peaks are formed
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together until soft and light.
- Add the icing sugar, continue beating until all the sugar is absorbed.
- Add the tin of well drained pineapple.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread on the cake.
- Cut into desired amount of serving pieces.
- Top each piece with a slice of peaches (or desired pie filling)
- This cake freezes very well.