Quinoa has become a very popular healthy food choice. It's a protein that has a fluffy texture with a slightly nutty flavour when cooked. It is interchangeable in most recipes that call for cooked rice. This recipe is packed full of protein, and makes a wonderful meal in one dish, a side dish or addition to a potluck. Try this served cold salad!
- 3-4 cups cooked quinoa, according to package directions
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed well
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 grinds fresh pepper
- cilantro, parsley or green onions for garnish
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Put mixture into a greased casserole and bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until heated right through.
- Garnish and serve.
This can be made ahead and keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Heat and serve, or try it cold as a salad. Serves 4 as a meal, 6-8 as a hot side dish or cold salad.