Button up your lip securely
'gainst the words that bring a tear.
Be swift with Words of COMFORT,
Words of PRAISE, and Words of CHEER.
This recipe comes from my friend Marlene , I have gotten some really good recipes from her and this has got to be one of our favortites. Thanks Marlene. As usual I have tweaked it to accommodate our families life style. I will post the original and share how I have changed it up a bit.
The muffin is moist and great take along snack for packed lunches. I also like mine served with a slice of cheddar cheese........ try it, you'll see it is good.
- 1 1/2 cups flour (try 1/2 cup of whole wheat, and 1/2 cup of bran replacing 1 cup of all purpose flour, or replacing 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 of oats)to increase fiber.
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt ( never double if you double the recipe)
- 3/4 cup sugar ( I have reduced it to 1/2 cup or even 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil ( I cut it by half)
- 1 egg
- 3 mashed bananas
- Chocolate chips or raisins as desired.
- Sift together, flour, baking powder baking soda and salt.
- Combine sugar, oil, egg and mashed bananas.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, batter should be lumpy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, or raisins.
- Put into greased muffin tins
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or til golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan.