The other evening we were invited to our friends for a summer dinner out on their deck.
It was a hot evening.
This was the first course Ray brought to the table.
I looked at the watermelon and cherry tomatoes. . .
and wondered if I would like the combination.
I did. . very much. It was very refreshing.
I took a bite. . and then a picture.
The ingredients are so simple.
- watermelon cubes
- cherry tomatoes
- small basil leaves
- several tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar ( the balsmaic vinegar can be reduced on the stove for several minutes with the icing sugar to slightly thicken it. . or use a balsamic cream)
- confectioners or icing sugar
- a drizzle of olive oil
- Simply cube your watermelon and put onto a skewer alternating with cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
- In a small bowl. . combine the balsamic vinegar . . and a teaspoon of icing sugar to sweeten it slightly.
- Drizzle over the skewers. . and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.