When I asked the question..what should I bake, my daughter said anything with pumpkin so that is what has been happening. We don't seem to tire of pumpkin around here. There are so many ways to enjoy it..pumpkin pie, loaf, cookies, muffins, and scones of course.
What do you make with pumpkin?
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a pastry blender or food processor if using, cut in butter cubes till crumbly.
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, buttermilk, and egg.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined and comes together in a ball.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface, shape into a circle approx 1" thick.
- Cut dough in half, then in quarters and then into eighths so you end up with 8 triangle shapes.
- Place on parchment lined baking pan, bake at 425º oven for 15 minutes, until a light golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- toasted pecan pieces
- Whisk together first five ingredients and drizzle over still slightly warm scones.
- Sprinkle toasted pecan pieces on top.