This is a spicy and fragrant gingerbread that is delicious with a generous dollop of whipped cream. This is a recipe from an old Blue Ribbon Cookbook..I made a few changes.
1/2 cup margarine or butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup boiling water
1. Cream margarine and sugar until creamy.
2. Stir in molasses and well beaten eggs.
3. Mix boiling water and baking soda and stir into the molasses mixture.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add all at once to the creamed mixture, stirring until well blended.
4. Pour into a well greased loaf pan, which has been lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 350º for 50 to 55 min.
Serve warm slices of gingerbread with whipped cream!
I decided to add a little extra and topped off my serving with slices of canned peaches and toasted sliced almonds. Scrumptious:)