Yup, another chocolate cake recipe, can there ever be too many....;-).
I got this recipe from my friend Linda, and it is a favorite cake of hers.
The marshmallows float to the top when the cake bakes. It is a sweet and moist cake and I found that since there is 2 cups sugar in the cake and the Cola is sweet that next time I would cut down on the sugar, but that is only a personal preference. This cake didn't last long and everyone enjoyed it.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk ( I used milk with a teaspoon of vinegar added)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine flour and sugar.
- In a saucepan combine the cocoa,
Cola, butter, bring to a boil.
- Combine the boiled mixture with the flour and sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; add to the first mixture
- Stir in the marshmallows
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, until cake tests done.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/3 cup
- 1 box confectioner's sugar, (1 pound, or 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional, I did not use)
- In a saucepan, bring butter, cocoa, and
Colato a boil.
- Stir in the sugar and mix well.
- Stir in nuts, if using.
- Spread over the cake while both cake and frosting are still warm.
Taste best cold from the fridge...;-)